Not for Cats

Musings on Life, Spirit, Creating, Religion, Politics, Death and more...

Name:
Location: Cleveland, Ohio, United States

Mystical, practical, radical

Saturday, June 07, 2008

song

There is a call to song I am feeling. That the song is trying to sing me and I am not quite hearing it yet. I first noticed this when doing prayers at the preparation for fire at the beginning of sweat lodge. The directions, the elements, the spirits and the land have a music to them, a song to be sung and it is time for me to sing them. I am not a singer though and it will be interesting to see how this works. It is like worshiping without a priest to guide. Connecting directly to the song, the music and letting it vibrate through me. A form of expression that I am not entirely comfortable with. I can't really tell how I sound and I think I should sound good if I sing. So I am afraid to sing, or at least self-conscious about it. I know sometimes I feel it when I hit the right note. But do I? I may try recording myself and listening to it. Or maybe I'll just sing and let it sound how sounds. Ooooh, that's scary!

Peace Jim

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that if you sing faithfully enough, the song will teach you how to sing it.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home